New Mesothelioma Treatment and Nutrition Webinar
June 18, 2019
For the first time, The Mesothelioma Center is offering a free, informational webinar on using nutrition to manage symptoms and side effects associated with mesothelioma treatment.
Nurse Karen Selby and dietitian Suzanne Dixon will share information and open the lines for questions from anyone attending the Managing Mesothelioma Treatment Side Effects webinar on June 20, 2019.
If you want to ask your questions in advance of the webinar, you can do so when you submit your request to sign up for the webinar.
Who Should Attend the Mesothelioma Treatment and Nutrition Event?
This is a unique resource designed for patients and the families, friends and loved ones of people affected by mesothelioma.
People who may want to attend include:
- Mesothelioma patients
- Caregivers of people affected by mesothelioma
- Family, friends and loved ones who want to support a mesothelioma patient
- Anyone who wants easy tips and ideas for using nutrition to better manage cancer treatment side effects
What Topics Will the Webinar Cover?
This webinar is designed for anyone affected by mesothelioma, from the newly diagnosed patient to people who have been treating and managing the disease for months or even years.
Webinar topics will include:
- Chemotherapy: What it is and what to expect.
- Radiation Therapy: How and when your doctor might use this treatment to improve your quality and length of life.
- Surgery: Who may be eligible for surgery and which surgeries are used for different types of mesothelioma.
- Medical management: Brief overview of the importance of medication for managing mesothelioma treatment side effects
- Nutritional management: Specific foods, nutrition tips and other ideas for reducing the severity and impact of nutrition-related side effects.
Why Attend the Mesothelioma Treatment Side Effect Webinar?
A diagnosis of mesothelioma is devastating, but a variety of treatments can improve prognosis for people affected by the disease. Learning more about these options can support your treatment decision-making process.
For example, different mesothelioma surgical procedures may offer different risks and benefits for each patient.
Learning about these procedures can help you formulate questions for your doctor regarding if surgery is right for you and which procedure may be best.
Even though radiation therapy cannot cure the disease, we’ll explain how it may benefit some mesothelioma patients.
These and other treatments can have side effects that diminish your ability to eat well.
You’ll get vital information from our presenters on making the most of good nutrition to support your treatment goals.
Invite Friends and Family
If you’ve been touched by mesothelioma, our webinar will help you gather important facts. You’ll be able to ask questions of our speaker experts during the webinar.
The information will be recorded so you can listen again later if you’d like.