12 Best Cancer Books to Read in 2022
Asbestos.com is the nation’s most trusted mesothelioma resource
The Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com has provided patients and their loved ones the most updated and reliable information on mesothelioma and asbestos exposure since 2006.
Our team of Patient Advocates includes a medical doctor, a registered nurse, health services administrators, veterans, VA-accredited Claims Agents, an oncology patient navigator and hospice care expert. Their combined expertise means we help any mesothelioma patient or loved one through every step of their cancer journey.
More than 30 contributors, including mesothelioma doctors, survivors, health care professionals and other experts, have peer-reviewed our website and written unique research-driven articles to ensure you get the highest-quality medical and health information.
About The Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com
- Assisting mesothelioma patients and their loved ones since 2006.
- Helps more than 50% of mesothelioma patients diagnosed annually in the U.S.
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- 5-star reviewed mesothelioma and support organization.
My family has only the highest compliment for the assistance and support that we received from The Mesothelioma Center. This is a staff of compassionate and knowledgeable individuals who respect what your family is experiencing and who go the extra mile to make an unfortunate diagnosis less stressful. Information and assistance were provided by The Mesothelioma Center at no cost to our family.LashawnMesothelioma patient’s daughter
How to Cite Asbestos.com’s Article
Selby, K. (2022, October 12). 12 Best Cancer Books to Read in 2022. Asbestos.com. Retrieved December 4, 2023, from https://www.asbestos.com/featured-stories/best-cancer-books/
Selby, Karen. "12 Best Cancer Books to Read in 2022." Asbestos.com, 12 Oct 2022, https://www.asbestos.com/featured-stories/best-cancer-books/.
Selby, Karen. "12 Best Cancer Books to Read in 2022." Asbestos.com. Last modified October 12, 2022. https://www.asbestos.com/featured-stories/best-cancer-books/.
Currently, more than 60,000 cancer books are available on Amazon alone. With so much information on hand, it can be hard for cancer patients and their loved ones to know where to start – and sifting through endless reviews is time-consuming.
The Mesothelioma Center is the nation’s most trusted mesothelioma resource. As part of its goal to educate people about asbestos-related diseases and help cancer patients make informed decisions, we’ve selected the highest-rated books written by medical experts and inspirational cancer survivors.
These are great resources for people dealing with any type of cancer, including mesothelioma. They’re also helpful for anyone looking to educate themselves about cancer risks and living a healthier lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for nutrition information, emotional support, or recent scientific findings, you’ll find it in these books.
If you or a loved one has received a mesothelioma diagnosis, there are additional resources specifically created for you about this unique cancer. The four books below are resources we frequently suggest. You can find even more recommendations here.
- Your Complete Guide to Pleural and Peritoneal Mesothelioma: These comprehensive resources provide information about the disease, its treatments, how to find a specialist as well as financial and legal help. Request your free mesothelioma guide.
- Your Nutrition Guide to Mesothelioma: Our personalized dietary tips and easy recipes will help speed your recovery and improve your quality of life. Request your free nutrition guide here.
- 100 Questions & Answers About Mesothelioma: Find authoritative and practical answers from doctors and patients in this detailed reference guide for all issues relating to mesothelioma.
- Surviving Mesothelioma: Making Your Own Miracle: An account of mesothelioma survivor Judy Glezinski’s inspiring journey.
We offer these recommended books for mesothelioma patients and their families for free. Price shouldn’t be a barrier to crucial information. Our informational packet includes “100 Questions & Answers About Mesothelioma,” “What to Eat if You Have Cancer,” “Lean on Me: Cancer Through a Carer’s Eyes,” and “Surviving Mesothelioma: Making Your Own Miracle.” Request your books here.
These books were selected by analyzing customer reviews, bestsellers on Amazon and The New York Times, and other awards within each cancer-specific category. Author background was considered to balance firsthand accounts of cancer survivors and accredited sources.