Get to Know Dr. K. Adam Lee
Cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Adam Lee treats a wide range of conditions involving the heart and lungs at Jupiter Medical Center.
He has experience performing aggressive surgery for treating malignant mesothelioma, a rare cancer that starts in the lining around the lungs and is caused by exposure to asbestos.
Lee serves as medical director of the Thoracic Surgery and Lung Center of Excellence at the facility, which serves Jupiter and surrounding communities in South Florida.
He has almost three decades of surgical experience, and previously served as medical director of the Anne Arundel Medical Center Institute of Robotic Surgery in Annapolis, Maryland.
Shortly after joining the Jupiter Medical Center in 2011, Lee became the first physician in Florida to perform robotic-assisted thoracic surgery. He was one of the first to perform a video-assisted thorascopic lobectomy.
Lee has been a groundbreaking pioneer in the field of robotics, often using the minimally invasive procedure for lung and esophageal diseases.
His work has helped make Jupiter Medical Center a national leader, and its research department has partnered with Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City.
Specialties of Dr. K. Adam Lee
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Lung cancer
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Esophageal cancer
- Heart disease
- CT lung screening program
Dr. K. Adam Lee’s Experience and Medical Education
- Jupiter Medical Center
- Ann Arundel Medical Center Institute of Robotic Surgery
- University of Massachusetts (Fellowship)
- Beth Israel Medical Center, New York (Residency)
- New York Medical College (M.D.)
Awards and Certifications for Dr. K. Adam Lee
- American College of Surgeons
- Board certified in thoracic surgery
- Board certified in general surgery
- Health Grades Honor Roll
Publications of Dr. K. Adam Lee
- Lee, K.A. & Conlan, A.A. (1998, January). Synchronous patent foramen ovale and bronchopleural fistula after right pneumonectomy: Nonoperative management with survival. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.