Dr. Jamil KhatriMedical Oncologist
Dr. Jamil Khatri is a medical oncologist who sees patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma at ChristianaCare’s Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute in Newark, Delaware.
Get to Know Dr. Jamil Khatri
Medical oncologist Dr. Jamil Khatri sees patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma and lung cancer at the prestigious Helen F. Graham Cancer Center and Research Institute in Newark, Delaware, a small town just outside of Wilmington.
Khatri is part of the group practice ChristianaCare Oncology Hematology. He also is part of a multidisciplinary thoracic team of specialists handling several other cancers and blood disorders at the facility.
Treatment at the Graham Cancer Institute may include surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and immunotherapy with a personalized, collaborative approach to care, all directed by a team of doctors covering each discipline.
The research institute is part of the National Cancer Institute’s Community Oncology Research Program, assuring patients they are receiving the most technically advanced cancer treatments.
Helen F. Graham Cancer Center is home to numerous clinical trials, including one for rare tumors involving the immunotherapy combination of Opdivo and Yervoy, recently approved for first-line treatment of mesothelioma. Associate Dr. Gregory Masters serves as the principal investigator.
Specialties of Dr. Jamil Khatri
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Lung cancer
Dr. Jamil Khatri’s Experience and Medical Education
- Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
- Regional Hematology Oncology
- Cooper University Hospital (Internship, residency and fellowship)
- Dow Medical College, University of Karachi (M.D. and post-graduate training)
Awards and Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
Publications of Dr. Jamil Khatri
- Tomlins, S.A. et al. (2021, August 19). Real-World Performance of a Comprehensive Genomic Profiling Test Optimized for Small Tumor Samples. JCO Precision Oncology.
- Kahn, S.R. et al. (2020, January 8). Quality of life after pharmacomechanical catheter-directed thrombolysis for proximal deep venous thrombosis. Journal of Vascular Surgery.
- Tomlins, S.A. et al. (2019, November 22). Comprehensive genomic profiling of 30,000 consecutive solid tumors. MedRxiv.
- Pritchett, M. et al. (2019, April 25). Prospective Clinical Validation of the InVisionFirst-Lung Circulating Tumor DNA Assay for Molecular Profiling of Patients With Advanced Nonsquamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. JCO Precision Oncology.
- Sbar, E. et al. (2002, July 17). Phase I Study of Sequential Administration of Topotecan and 5-Fluorouracil in Patients with Advanced Malignancies. Cancer Investigation.