Get to Know Dr. Konstantinos Arnaoutakis
As a medical oncologist and hematologist, Dr. Konstantinos Arnaoutakis specializes in the treatment of lung cancer and pleural mesothelioma at the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Arnaoutakis has expertise in treating patients with chemotherapy and novel immunotherapy as part of the personalized, multidisciplinary approach used at the cancer institute, which is part of University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. It is the only comprehensive cancer treatment and academic facility in the state and utilizes the latest technology, research and procedures.
Arnaoutakis works closely with thoracic surgeon Dr. Matthew Steliga. Arnaoutakis also is an associate professor in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology.
His research and treatments focus on head and neck cancers and genitourinary cancers such as renal cell, prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancers.
“Patients are scared when they are diagnosed with cancer,” he said. “We try our best to make them comfortable. We discuss their diagnosis, the prognosis and therapeutic options. We have a great team here, different specialists all working together, to give them the best possible care.”
Specialties of Dr. Konstantinos Arnaoutakis
- Hormone therapy
- Lung cancer
Dr. Konstantinos Arnaoutakis’ Experience and Medical Education
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- University of Patras, Greece (M.D.)
- Albany Medical College (Residency)
- Tufts University School of Medicine (Fellowship)
Awards and Certifications
- Vitals Top 10 Doctor Award
- Vitals Patient’s Choice Award
- Board certified in infectious diseases and hematology
- American Medical Association (Member)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (Member)
- American College of Physicians (Member)
- American Society of Hematology (Member)
Publications of Dr. Konstantinos Arnaoutakis
- Arnaoutakis, K., Anders, M. & Berry, K. (2015). Simulating Four Essential Conversations with Hematology/Oncology Trainees: A Qualitative Evaluation. Journal of Cancer Education.
- Gokden, M., Ariza, A. & Arnaoutakis, K. (2015, September 14). Molecular Markers in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer. BioMed Research International.
- Khetpal, R. et al. (2014, June). The Role of Salvage Hemiscrotectomy in Testicular Cancer After Scrotal Contamination: A Case Report and Literature Review. Clinical Genitourinary Cancer.
- Blanchard, E., Arnaoutakis, K. & Hesketh, P.J. (2010, June 1). Lung Cancer in Octogenarians. Journal of Thoracic Oncology.