About David Schrump
Pleural and Lung Cancer
Excellence in Research
Dr. David Schrump was one of the key speakers at the 2011 International Symposium on Malignant Mesothelioma, sharing the podium with colleagues David Sugarbaker, M.D., Daniel Sterman, M.D., and Raffit Hassan, M.D.
Their topic was “Experimental Strategies in Malignant Mesothelioma,” which was directly related to several of Schrump’s recent clinical trials. At the time of the symposium, Schrump was the principal investigator for seven different trials studying patients with diseases such as lung cancer and malignant mesothelioma.
Schrump has been in his current position since 1997 with tenure since 2006. He completed his general surgery residency at the University of Chicago, following his graduation from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine.
Schrump’s articles have included seven titles on mesothelioma, each discussing a different aspect of the chemotherapeutic treatment or genetic makeup of the cancer. These articles can be found in the Journal of Surgical Resection, Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery, Clinical Cancer Research, and Anticancer Research.See More Top Mesothelioma Doctors
Disclaimer: Dr. David Schrump has no professional affiliation with Asbestos.com.
Share this article
Last Modified November 16, 2018
6 Cited Article Sources
- Retrieved from: http://ccr.cancer.gov/staff/staff.asp?profileid=5765
- Retrieved from: http://bethesdatrials.cancer.gov/clinical-research/search-results.aspx?Owner=45
- Retrieved from: http://bethesdatrials.cancer.gov/investigator-profiles/default.aspx?investigatorid=45
- Retrieved from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17574045?dopt=Abstract
- Retrieved from: http://www.curemeso.org/site/c.kkLUJ7MPKtH/b.6633109/k.123D/2011_Symposium_Agenda.htm
- Retrieved from: http://www.ucsfcme.com/2004/MMJ05003.pdf