Get to Know Dr. Raed M. Alnajjar
Thoracic surgeon Dr. Raed Alnajjar at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute specializes in treating patients with thoracic malignancies and structural heart disease.
He plays a major role on the multidisciplinary lung and thoracic cancer team at Henry Ford. The team includes specialists such as medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pulmonologists and surgeons who perform both aggressive and minimally invasive procedures.
He is well known for his personalized, caring approach to patients that has carried him throughout his career.
“My passion is treating patients like family,” he said. “That’s my simple philosophy. Treat patients as if you were treating your mom or your dad.”
Alnajjar previously served as a cardiothoracic surgeon at the Texas Heart Institute in Houston.
Specialties of Dr. Raed M. Alnajjar
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Lung cancer
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Esophageal cancer
- Structural heart disease
Dr. Raed M. Alnajjar’s Experience and Medical Education
- Henry Ford Cancer Institute
- Texas Heart Institute
- Jordan University of Science and Technology (M.D.)
- Baylor College of Medicine (Fellowship)
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital (Residency)
- Islamic Hospital (Residency)
Awards and Certifications
- Board certified in surgery
- Board certified in cardiothoracic vascular surgery
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
- Vitals Patients’ Choice Award
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Recognition
Publications of Dr. Raed M. Alnajjar
- Ahmed, M. et al. (2014, December 1). Renal Cell Carcinoma Extending into the Retrohepatic Inferior Vena Cava. Texas Heart Institute Journal.
- Preventza, O. et al. (2013, September). Total arch replacement with frozen elephant trunk technique. Annals of Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Davis, J.A. et al. (2013, June 1). Operative challenges in management of concurrent interrupted aortic arch and descending thoracic aortic aneurysm. Journal of Vascular Disease.
Thank you for your feedback. Would you like to speak with a Patient Advocate?