Asbestos.com is the nation’s most trusted mesothelioma resource
The Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com has provided patients and their loved ones the most updated and reliable information on mesothelioma and asbestos exposure since 2006.
Our team of Patient Advocates includes a medical doctor, a registered nurse, health services administrators, veterans, VA-accredited Claims Agents, an oncology patient navigator and hospice care expert. Their combined expertise means we help any mesothelioma patient or loved one through every step of their cancer journey.
More than 30 contributors, including mesothelioma doctors, survivors, health care professionals and other experts, have peer-reviewed our website and written unique research-driven articles to ensure you get the highest-quality medical and health information.
About The Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com
- Assisting mesothelioma patients and their loved ones since 2006.
- Helps more than 50% of mesothelioma patients diagnosed annually in the U.S.
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- 5-star reviewed mesothelioma and support organization.
"My family has only the highest compliment for the assistance and support that we received from The Mesothelioma Center. This is a staff of compassionate and knowledgeable individuals who respect what your family is experiencing and who go the extra mile to make an unfortunate diagnosis less stressful. Information and assistance were provided by The Mesothelioma Center at no cost to our family."LashawnMesothelioma patient’s daughter
What Is The Mesothelioma Center’s Veterans Department?
Veterans with mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases face two challenges in getting the health care and compensation they need. First, there is the rare and complex nature of asbestos-related diseases, and second, there is the complicated process of filing for VA benefits.
The Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com is the nation’s most trusted mesothelioma resource. We built on its medical and legal expertise by creating the Veterans Department to ensure we can assist those who need and deserve it the most. The Patient Advocates of this department have personal experience navigating the VA benefits system, and they are professionally trained and certified to represent VA claimants.
The approval process for asbestos-related VA benefits can be daunting, but our team is well versed in the complex process of identifying where service-related asbestos exposure occurred, filing a claim with the VA, and preparing any appeals that may be necessary.
Our Veterans Department can help you:
- Gather and correctly file VA paperwork
- File your VA benefits claim
- Present detailed asbestos exposure summaries
- File for disability compensation
- Proceed with previously denied VA benefits claims
- File for survivor benefits and survivors pension
Rely on a VA-Accredited Claims Agent
By law, only a VA-accredited agent can legally represent a veteran or a surviving dependent to the Department of Veterans Affairs. The formal accreditation process involves three requirements.
- The agent must pass an exam to prove they have a comprehensive understanding of VA benefits.
- The agent must pass a background check and provide personal references supporting their good moral character.
- The agent must meet a continuing education requirement every year to ensure they keep their knowledge of VA benefits up to date.
Most individuals who apply for VA accreditation work for local governments or veterans organizations. The advantage of working with the Veterans Department of The Mesothelioma Center is that our Patient Advocates are also knowledgeable about asbestos exposure and asbestos-related illnesses, which few other claims agents are familiar with.
Through The Mesothelioma Center’s Community Partnership program, our VA-accredited claims agents provide education and training to Veterans Service Organizations across the nation.
Meet Our Veterans Department
Thank you for your feedback. Would you like to speak with a Patient Advocate?