Dr. Chadrick DenlingerCardiothoracic Surgeon
Cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Chad Denlinger specializes in the treatment of advanced lung diseases and chest wall tumors at the Simon Cancer Center and Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis. He also sees patients with pleural mesothelioma.
Dr. Chad Denlinger joined the Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center in 2020, bringing more than a decade of experience in cardiothoracic surgery used to treat complex lung diseases.
He came from the Medical University of South Carolina, where he served as surgical director of its acclaimed Lung Transplant program.
Denlinger, also a professor of surgery at Indiana University Medicine, specializes in the treatment of lung cancer, pleural mesothelioma, esophageal cancer, chest wall tumors and benign esophageal diseases.
“I understand that when a patient comes to see me, he may be confused about the diagnosis and what’s going on,” Denlinger said. “It’s my job to inform you about your cancer stage, the treatment options and best recommendations for treatment.”
Denlinger specializes in minimally invasive surgery for the treatment of many issues facing cancer patients today. Much of his research centers around the molecular mechanisms causing resistance to chemotherapy.
He is a big believer in a personalized approach to medicine, working closely with specialists such as medical oncologists, radiologists and pathologists to design multidisciplinary treatment plans.
Specialties of Dr. Chad E. Denlinger
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Lung cancer
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Esophageal cancer
- Chest wall tumors
- Benign esophageal disease
- Thoracic surgery
Dr. Chad E. Denlinger’s Experience and Education
- Indiana University Simon Cancer Center
- Medical University of South Carolina Hollings Cancer Center
- Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis (Fellowship)
- University of Virginia Medical Center (Residency)
- Ohio State School of Medicine (M.D.)
Award and Certifications
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- EpicCare Ambulatory EMR
Publications of Dr. Chad E. Denlinger
- Dimou, A. et al. (2021, August). Neuropilin-2b facilitates resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors in non-small cell lung cancer. Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Wrangle, J.M. et al. (2018, February 1). IL-2 and Beyond in Cancer Immunotherapy. Journal of Interferon & Cytokine Research.
- Klapper, J.A. et al. (2017, April). Alternatives to Lobectomy for High-Risk Patients With Early-Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
- Griffin, J.M., Reed, C.E. & Denlinger, C.E. (2012, June). Utility of restaging endoscopic ultrasound after neoadjuvant therapy for esophageal cancer. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery.