Get to Know Dr. Fadi Braiteh
Medical oncologist Dr. Fadi Braiteh directs the Translational Oncology Program and the Gastrointestinal Malignancies Program for Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada, an affiliate of the US Oncology Network.
He sees patients at the Central Valley Treatment Center in Las Vegas. His research is centered on the development of more effective anti-cancer therapies.
In recent years, he has been a leader in immunotherapy drug development, serving as the primary investigator for numerous clinical trials at CCCN. He also encourages his patients to enroll, believing the trials will continue to spark future advancements.
Braiteh joined CCCN in 2010 after working at the Cancer & Hematology Centers of Western Michigan as director of the drug development program. He also was a scientific investigator for the translational medicine program at the Van Andel Institute.
Specialties of Dr. Fadi Braiteh
- Clinical trials
- Lung cancer
- Gastrointestinal malignancies
- Breast cancer
Dr. Fadi Braiteh’s Experience and Medical Education
- Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada
- Cancer & Hematology Centers of Western Michigan
- Van Andel Institute
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (Fellowships)
- Hospital of Saint Raphael, Yale School of Medicine (Residency)
- Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon (M.D.)
Awards and Certifications
- Board certified in medical oncology and internal medicine
- Board certified in hospice and palliative medicine
- Healthcare Headliner in Medical Research, Vegas, Inc. (2014)
- America’s Top Oncologists, Castle Connolly (2014)
- America’s Top Oncologists, U.S. News & World Report (2014)
- 1% Top Researcher Club, US Oncology Research Network
- Pancreatic Cancer Task Force, National Cancer Institute
Publications of Dr. Fadi Braiteh
- Emens, L.A. et al. (2019, January 1). Long-term Clinical Outcomes and Biomarker Analyses of Atezolizumab Therapy for Patients with Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer: A Phase 1 Study. JAMA Oncology.
- Gambacorti-Passerini, C. et al. (2018, May). Long-term effects of crizotinib in ALK-positive tumors (excluding NSCLC): A phase 1b open-label study. American Journal of Hematology.
- Braiteh, F. et al. (2017, April 21). Comparative effectiveness and resource utilization of nab-paclitaxel plus gemcitabine vs FOLFIRINOX or gemcitabine for the first-line treatment of metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma in a US community setting. Cancer Management and Research.
- Braiteh, F. et al. (2009, October 1). Association of age and survival in patients with gastroesophageal cancer undergoing surgery with or without preoperative therapy. Cancer.