Last modified: June 2, 2023
- Tulane University School of Medicine (M.D.)
- United States Military Academy
- Chemistry & Life Sciences (B.S.)
- Augusta University (Fellowship)
- Cell Biology
About Dr. Bunting
Dr. Kristopher Bunting has served as a medical director in resource management for the U.S. Army Southeast Regional Medical Command. He also served as a research assistant at the Medical College of Georgia.
Bunting conducted his postdoctoral research at Augusta University. He co-authored published research that includes:
- “Encoding of emotion-paired spatial stimuli in the rodent hippocampus” (Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience)
- “Calcyon upregulation in adolescence impairs response inhibition and working memory in adulthood” (Molecular Psychiatry)
His work includes behavioral and molecular neuroscience research that focuses on memory and learning. He’s also taken part in projects on cancer research and vascular biology.