Last modified: October 31, 2022
Suzanne Dixon is a registered dietitian, epidemiologist and experienced medical writer. She earned two master’s degrees in nutrition and epidemiology from the University of Michigan after completing a bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering.
Suzanne has served as a cancer patient educator and passionate advocate for nearly two decades. She has co-authored medical and nutrition journal articles and book chapters, contributed to numerous cancer-focused publications, and presented the latest research on the role of nutrition in managing lung disease at the American Lung Association’s 2019 Lung Force Expo.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Distinguished Service Award, 2016
- Award for Excellence, Business Consultation, 2010
- Award for Innovative Nutrition Education Programs for the Public, 2005
- Oncology Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group, 2004
- Distinguished Practice Award, 2004
- Cincinnati Employee of the Year, 1993
Publications Suzanne has authored and co-authored include:
- Trujillo, E.B., Claghorn, K., Dixon, S., Hill, E.B., Braun, A. Lipinski, E., Platek, M., Vergo, M.T. and Spees, C. (2019). Inadequate Nutrition Coverage in Outpatient Cancer Centers: Results of a National Survey. Journal of Oncology.
- Trujillo, E.B., Dixon, S. W., Claghorn, K., Levin R.M., Mills, J.B., Spees, C.K. (2018). Closing the Gap in Nutrition Care at Outpatient Cancer Centers: Ongoing Initiatives of the Oncology Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 118, 749-60.
- Ligibel, J.A., Alfano, C.M., Hershman, D.L., Merrill, J.K., Basen-Engquist, K., Bloomgarden, Z.T., Demark-Wahnefried, W., Dixon, S., Hassink, S.G., Jakicic, J.M., Morton, J.M., Okwuosa, T.M., Powell-Wiley, T.M., Rothberg, A.E., Stephens, M., Streett, S.E., Wild, R.A., Westman, E.A., Williams, R.J., Wollins, D.S., Hudis, C.A. (2017). American Society of Clinical Oncology Summit on Addressing Obesity Through Multidisciplinary Provider Collaboration: Key Findings and Recommendations for Action. Obesity (Silver Spring)., 25 Suppl 2:S34-S39. doi: 10.1002/oby.21987
- Dixon S.W. Part Two of a Two-Part Series: Unconventional Diets in Cancer Care. Today’s Dietitian. 2016; 18(12):42.
- Dixon S.W. Part One of a Two-Part Series: Combatting Cancer Malnutrition. Today’s Dietitian. 2016; 18(11):42.
- Dixon S.W. The Role of RDs in Guiding Healthful Nutrition and Lifestyle Choices for Women with BRCA1 and 2 Mutations. Today’s Dietitian. 2016 (Online CE Course).
- Dixon, S.W. (2012). Nutrition in Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Seminars in Oncology Nursing, 28, 75-84.