Free Webinar: Benefits for Veterans With MesotheliomaAdvocacy
Written by Danielle DiPietro
Asbestos.com is the nation’s most trusted mesothelioma resource
The Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com has provided patients and their loved ones the most updated and reliable information on mesothelioma and asbestos exposure since 2006.
Our team of Patient Advocates includes a medical doctor, a registered nurse, health services administrators, veterans, VA-accredited Claims Agents, an oncology patient navigator and hospice care expert. Their combined expertise means we help any mesothelioma patient or loved one through every step of their cancer journey.
More than 30 contributors, including mesothelioma doctors, survivors, health care professionals and other experts, have peer-reviewed our website and written unique research-driven articles to ensure you get the highest-quality medical and health information.
About The Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com
- Assisting mesothelioma patients and their loved ones since 2006.
- Helps more than 50% of mesothelioma patients diagnosed annually in the U.S.
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- 5-star reviewed mesothelioma and support organization.
My family has only the highest compliment for the assistance and support that we received from The Mesothelioma Center. This is a staff of compassionate and knowledgeable individuals who respect what your family is experiencing and who go the extra mile to make an unfortunate diagnosis less stressful. Information and assistance were provided by The Mesothelioma Center at no cost to our family.LashawnMesothelioma patient’s daughter
How to Cite Asbestos.com’s Article
DiPietro, D. (2023, October 26). Free Webinar: Benefits for Veterans With Mesothelioma. Asbestos.com. Retrieved December 1, 2023, from https://www.asbestos.com/blog/2023/10/16/webinar-benefits-veterans-mesothelioma/
DiPietro, Danielle. "Free Webinar: Benefits for Veterans With Mesothelioma." Asbestos.com, 26 Oct 2023, https://www.asbestos.com/blog/2023/10/16/webinar-benefits-veterans-mesothelioma/.
DiPietro, Danielle. "Free Webinar: Benefits for Veterans With Mesothelioma." Asbestos.com. Last modified October 26, 2023. https://www.asbestos.com/blog/2023/10/16/webinar-benefits-veterans-mesothelioma/.
On Wednesday, Oct. 25, at 7:30 p.m. ET, The Mesothelioma Center will host an exclusive online webinar providing a closer look at available VA benefits and civilian resources specifically for veterans with mesothelioma.
Join me and Aaron Munz, the director of the center’s Veterans Department, for a discussion of the benefits available, how to file or appeal a VA claim and frequently asked questions from veterans and their families.
Veterans are among the groups most at risk for asbestos exposure and mesothelioma, but many may not know of the Veterans Administration benefits available to them. VA benefits and civilian resources for those with mesothelioma can pay for treatment, travel, lost wages and much more.
During the webinar, we’ll answer your questions directly in a live Q&A following the presentation. If you cannot join us live, registering for the webinar will guarantee you a recording via email after the event.
What You’ll Learn During the Webinar
As a former U.S. Army captain and director of the Veterans Department at The Mesothelioma Center, Munz will cover everything veterans with mesothelioma and their families need to know about VA benefits.
Discussion topics will include:
- A list of what is required to file or appeal a claim
- FAQs for veterans and their loved ones
- Steps veterans should take after a mesothelioma diagnosis
- VA benefits and civilian resources for veterans with mesothelioma
- What to expect throughout the VA claims process
Munz and I have specialized in assisting U.S. veterans for years and guiding them after asbestos exposure and an asbestos-related diagnosis. We’ve navigated the VA claims process for thousands of veterans.
We’ll be answering these questions and more:
- How and why are veterans at a higher risk for mesothelioma?
- How can I connect with a mesothelioma VA treatment center?
- How do I apply for Veterans Health Administration benefits?
- How is a mesothelioma diagnosis different for veterans?
- What is Disability and Dependency Indemnity Compensation?
- When should I file a legal claim against asbestos trust funds and manufacturers?
After joining us for this webinar, you’ll be prepared to receive the VA benefits you deserve. Veterans and their loved ones should have access to the best care available, and this knowledge can help make that a reality.
Who Should Attend the Veterans Webinar?
Anyone with questions about VA benefits for those with mesothelioma will benefit from this webinar. Veterans Service Officers assisting veterans with mesothelioma are also welcome. You should attend this webinar if you are:
- A veteran with mesothelioma
- The loved one or caretaker of a veteran with mesothelioma
Navigating the VA system for the health care and compensation you deserve isn’t easy. Veterans with mesothelioma and their loved ones should also attend this webinar if they are:
- Applying for benefits from the Veterans Health and Benefits Administration
- Concerned about their family’s financial security
- Proving military asbestos exposure for a VA claim
- Looking for answers about why veterans have a high risk of mesothelioma
- Seeking justice by filing a legal claim for compensation
- Wondering how much financial support they can receive as a veteran
We’ll outline the steps to ensure you get the best care and the highest compensation possible after a mesothelioma diagnosis. Don’t forget to prepare your questions ahead of time, and we’ll answer them at the end of the webinar.