Get to Know Dr. Andreas Saltos
He also is the clinical research medical director in Moffitt’s Department of Thoracic Oncology, where he works to develop new and better strategies for treating these diseases.
As part of a multidisciplinary approach to treatment for mesothelioma, Saltos works closely with thoracic surgeon Dr. Jacques Fontaine, director of the Mesothelioma Research and Treatment Center at Moffitt.
Saltos treats all forms of lung cancer and is the principal investigator of several clinical trials, some of which are exploring novel immunotherapy combinations and unique targeted therapy for non-small cell lung cancer. One of those trials showing promise involves the combination of ceritinib and docetaxel for a specific type of non-small cell lung cancer.
He comes highly recommended by his patients, who rave about his passion for improving treatment and bringing hope to their cause.
Specialties of Dr. Andreas Saltos
- Lung cancer
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Targeted gene therapy
- Clinical trials
Dr. Andreas Saltos’ Experience and Education
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- University of South Florida (Fellowship)
- University of Maryland Medical Center (Residency)
- University of Maryland School of Medicine (M.D.)
Awards and Certifications
- Board certified in internal medicine and hematology
- Florida state medical license
Publications of Dr. Andreas Saltos
- Perez, B.A. et. al. (2020, September 28). Prospective Single-Arm Phase I and II Study: Ipilimumab and Nivolumab With Thoracic Radiation Therapy After Platinum Chemotherapy in Extensive-Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics.
- Saltos, A., Shafique, M. & Chiappori, A. (2020, July 16). Update on the Biology, Management, and Treatment of Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC). Frontiers in Oncology.
- Saltos, A. & Antonio, S. (2020, June). Breaking the Impasse: Advances in Treatment of Small Cell Lung Cancer. Clinics in Chest Medicine.
- Sonam, P. et al. (2020, March 5). Locally Advanced, Unresectable Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Current Oncology Reports.
Thank you for your feedback. Would you like to speak with a Patient Advocate?