Get to Know Dr. Anne-Marie G. Sykes
She works closely with oncologists, thoracic surgeons, pulmonologists and pathologists who are all part of a tumor board and collaborative effort to personalize the best possible care for each patient. She is one of several mesothelioma doctors on staff.
Sykes has considerable expertise in forensic radiology and imaging of chest diseases such as lung cancer and pleural mesothelioma. She also is part of the lung cancer screening program at Mayo.
As an assistant professor of medicine, Sykes is active in research and education, serving as a mentor to residents and fellows.
Her interests include smoking-related diseases, abnormalities of the airways, evaluation of pulmonary nodules and most pleural diseases. She also is involved with lung and heart transplants.
Specialties of Dr. Anne-Marie G. Sykes
- Pleural disease
- Pulmonary nodules
- Lung cancer
- Cystic fibrosis
- Forensic radiology
- Disease diagnostics
Dr. Anne-Marie G. Sykes’ Experience and Medical Education
- Mayo Clinic
- Mayo Clinic (Fellowship)
- University of Calgary (Resident)
- Toronto General Hospital (Internship)
- University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine (M.D.)
Awards and Certifications
- Certified in diagnostic radiology, American Board of Radiology,
Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- Center for Innovation Award, Department of Radiology
- Recognition of Staff Satisfaction Achievement
- Walter Watkins Award
Publications of Dr. Anne-Marie G. Sykes
- Zamora, A.C. et al. (2016, May). Amyloid-associated Cystic Lung Disease. Chest.
- Koo, C.W. et al. (2016, January). Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Part-solid Nodules: A Pilot Study. Journal of Thoracic Imaging.
- Lee, C.U., White, D.B. & Sykes, A.G. (2014, March 21). Establishing a chest MRI practice and its clinical applications: our insight and protocols. Journal of Clinical Imaging Science.
- Swensen. S.J. et al. (2005, April). CT screening for lung cancer: five-year perspective experience. Radiology.