Dr. Arek Z. DudekMedical Oncologist
Dr. Arkadiusz Z. Dudek is a leading medical oncologist at Regions Hospital Cancer Care Center in St. Paul, Minnesota. He has written several research papers on tumor biology and targeted cancer therapies. Dudek also has more than 100 publishing credits in peer-reviewed medical oncology journals.
Get to Know Dr. Arkadiusz Z. Dudek
Dr. Arkadiusz Dudek started the Metro-Minnesota Community Oncology Research Consortium, which includes an early-phase clinical trial program. He aims to uncover and develop new therapies for a variety of cancers, including malignant pleural mesothelioma.
He is currently the principal investigator in many clinical trials involving pleural mesothelioma treatment. One of those trials is exploring the synergistic effect of immunotherapy drugs, such as nivolumab (Opdivo) and ramucirumab (Cyramza), for previously treated mesothelioma patients.
Dudek has been interested in cancer’s molecular and cellular biology since graduating from the Medical University of Warsaw in 1989. He completed his residency in internal medicine at the Pinnacle Health Hospitals in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. His fellowship in oncology and hematology was at the University of Minnesota.
He then spent four years at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago. There, he developed another highly regarded cancer research program before returning to Minnesota in 2016. The number of cancer patients who came to him throughout his career after undergoing failed chemotherapy has always inspired Dudek.
“Patients were coming with a hope to find a better treatment that targeted their cancer,” he told The Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com. “The only way to give them hope or a chance at surviving was to look to experimental therapeutics. Finding something new and innovative became my motivation.”
Specialties of Dr. Arkadiusz Dudek
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Medical oncology
Dr. Arkadiusz Dudek’s Experience and Medical Education
- Medical University of Warsaw, Poland (M.D.)
- Pinnacle Health Hospitals (Internal medicine residency)
- University of Minnesota (Hematology and oncology fellowship)
Awards and Certifications for Dr. Arkadiusz Dudek
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Certification)
- American Board of Internal Medicine — Hematology (Certification)
- American Board of Internal Medicine — Medical Oncology (Certification)
Mesothelioma Clinical Trials Under Arkadiusz Dudek, M.D.
- Anti-programmed death — Ligand 1 antibody, MEDI4736, in combination with chemotherapy for the first-line treatment of unresectable mesothelioma.
- Phase Ib and phase II studies of anti-PD-1 antibody MK-3475 in combination with bevacizumab for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: Big Ten Cancer Research Consortium BTCRC-GU14-003.
- Phase II study of nivolumab and ramucirumab for patients with previously treated mesothelioma: HCRN LUN15-299.
- A phase I/II trial of X4P-001 as a single agent and in combination with axitinib in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma.
- A phase III study of androgen annihilation in high-risk biochemically relapsed prostate cancer.