Get to Know Dr. John A. Federico
Dr. John Federico has more than 30 years of experience in thoracic surgery. He’s currently with Coastal Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery in Portsmouth New Hampshire. Before that Federico worked at Kalispell Regional Healthcare Surgical Specialists in Montana, bringing a wealth of expertise to the practice.
Prior to that Federico spent two decades at the Yale University School of Medicine. There he was the chief of Thoracic Surgery at The Hospital of Saint Raphael in New Haven. During his tenure Federico also served as associate professor of surgery for Yale University School of Medicine. It was during that time he became an authority on the early detection of lung cancer.
In addition to the aggressive, life-changing operations he has performed for many years, Federico also has experience in the minimally invasive management of thoracic malignancies.
Specialties of Dr. John A. Federico
- Lung cancer
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Robotic surgery
- Esophageal dilatation
Dr. John A. Federico’s Experience and Medical Education
- Coastal Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Kalispell Regional Healthcare Surgical Specialists
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Ottawa Civic Hospital (Fellowship)
- Maine Medical Center (Residency)
- Georgetown University School of Medicine, M.D.
Awards and Certifications
- Top Doctors, Castle Connolly
- American Board of Surgery
- Connecticut State Medical License
- Montana State Medical License through 2023
- CMS Stage 1 HER
Publications of Dr. John A. Federico
- Fabian, T. et al. (2011, September). Survival after resection of synchronous non-small cell lung cancer. Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Fabian, T. et al. (2003, May). Fibrin glue in pulmonary resection: a prospective, randomized, blinded study. Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
- Pagni, S. et al. (1997, March). Pulmonary resection for lung cancer in octogenarians. Annals of Thoracic Surgery.