Get to Know Dr. John A. Federico
After two decades at the Yale University School of Medicine, Dr. John Federico joined Kalispell Regional Healthcare Surgical Specialists in 2017, bringing a wealth of expertise to the practice.
In addition to the aggressive, life-changing operations he has performed for many years, Federico also has experience in the minimally invasive management of thoracic malignancies.
At Kalispell Regional Medical Center, Federico has taken the lead in utilization of the novel Veran SPIN System, an advanced version of bronchoscopy. It allows specialists to better investigate early lung abnormalities.
Federico became an authority on the early detection of lung cancer during his years at Yale, where he served as director of the Thoracic Oncology Program at the Hospital of Saint Raphael.
Although the town of Kalispell has an estimated population of just 24,000, its Regional Healthcare System offers a spectrum of services that rival those in much larger metropolitan areas.
Specialties of Dr. John A. Federico
- Lung cancer
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Robotic surgery
- Esophageal dilatation
Dr. John A. Federico’s Experience and Medical Education
- Kalispell Regional Healthcare Surgical Specialists
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Ottawa Civic Hospital (Fellowship)
- Maine Medical Center (Residency)
- Georgetown University School of Medicine, M.D.
Awards and Certifications
- Top Doctors, Castle Connolly
- American Board of Surgery
- Connecticut State Medical License
- Montana State Medical License through 2023
- CMS Stage 1 HER
Publications of Dr. John A. Federico
- Fabian, T. et al. (2011, September). Survival after resection of synchronous non-small cell lung cancer. Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Fabian, T. et al. (2003, May). Fibrin glue in pulmonary resection: a prospective, randomized, blinded study. Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
- Pagni, S. et al. (1997, March). Pulmonary resection for lung cancer in octogenarians. Annals of Thoracic Surgery.