Dr. Randall ZuckermanSurgical Oncologist
Dr. Randall Zuckerman is a renowned surgical oncologist who brought state-of-the-art treatment for peritoneal mesothelioma to Kalispell Regional Medical Center in Montana.
Get to Know Dr. Randall S. Zuckerman
Surgical oncologist Dr. Randall Zuckerman joined the Kalispell Regional Medical Center team in 2015, bringing with him the specialized combination of cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy that has attracted patients from across the state.
His experience filled a much-needed role in raising the level of care for those with abdominal malignancies such as peritoneal mesothelioma. Zuckerman also has extensive experience in treating pancreatic disease.
The combination mesothelioma treatment procedure, also known as HIPEC, involves opening the abdomen and meticulously removing all visible tumor cells. The cavity and all the organs are then bathed in a heated chemotherapy solution for 90 minutes.
Recent studies have shown a more than 50% increase in survival time for peritoneal mesothelioma patients undergoing the treatment. It is performed only by a limited number of surgeons nationally.
It also is used now for certain cases of appendix cancer, ovarian cancer and gastric malignancies.
Zuckerman is chairman of surgery at Kalispell Medical Center. In 2020, he was appointed to the prestigious position of Advisory Council Chair for Rural Surgery of the American College of Surgeons.
Specialties of Dr. Randall S. Zuckerman
- Cytoreductive surgery
- Peritoneal mesothelioma
- Pancreatic disease
- Gastric malignancies
- Appendix cancer
- Ovarian cancer
Dr. Randall S. Zuckerman’s Experience and Education
- Kalispell Regional Medical Center
- University of Washington Medical School (Associate professor)
- Frank H. Netter M.D. School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- University of New South Wales (Fellowship)
- Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital (Residency)
- Dartmouth School of Medicine (M.D.)
Awards and Certifications
- American Board of Surgery
- Advisory Council for Rural Surgery, American College of Surgeons (Chair)
- Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (Member)
Publications of Dr. Randall S. Zuckerman
- Robbins, R. & Zuckerman, R. (2020, October). Perioperative Support in the Rural Surgery World. Surgical Clinics of North America.
- Doty, B., Heneghan, S.J. & Zuckerman, R. (2009, December). General surgery contributes to the financial health of rural hospital and communities. Surgical Clinics of North America.
- Doty, B. & Zuckerman, R. (2009, December). Rural surgery: framing the issues. Surgical Clinics of North America.