Get to Know Dr. Amin J. Mirhadi
Radiation oncologist Dr. Amin J. Mirhadi is a key member of the multidisciplinary Mesothelioma Program at the Cedars-Sinai Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Mirhadi handles the image-guided, precision radiation treatments that are often part of a trimodality regimen leading to extended survival for patients. He works closely with other specialists, including thoracic oncologist Dr. Ani Balmanoukian and thoracic surgeon Dr. Harmik Soukiasian at Cedars-Sinai.
He also treats lung cancer, breast cancer, brain cancer, pineal tumors and spinal meningiomas. Mirhadi is skilled in stereotactic radiosurgery and intensity-modulated radiation therapy.
Specialties of Dr. Amin J. Mirhadi
- Radiation oncology
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Lung cancer
- Brain cancers
- Breast tumors
- Interventional oncology
- Metastatic bone cancers
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
Dr. Amin J. Mirhadi’s Experience and Medical Education
- Cedars-Sinai Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University of California, Irvine School of Medicine (M.D.)
- UCLA Medical Center (Residency)
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital (Residency)
Awards and Certifications
- Compassion Accolade Rewarding Excellence Award
- ACRO Award for Outstanding Work in Pediatric Radiation Oncology
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Leadership Development Course
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (Member)
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (Member)
Publications of Dr. Amin J. Mirhadi
- Anderson, E.M. et al. (2020, August 15). Interstitial high-dose-rate brachytherapy in the treatment of keloids: Moving toward a volumetric approach. Brachytherapy.
- Powell, A. et al. (2020, July). The Association Between Use of Hypofractionation and Treatment Completion Among Recipients of Radiation Therapy Post-Mastectomy. Practical Radiation Oncology.
- Mirhadi, A. et al. (2017, March). Effect of Long-Term Hormonal Therapy (vs Short-Term Hormonal Therapy): A Secondary Analysis of Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer Patients Treated on NRG Oncology RTOG 9202. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology and Physics.
- Sandler, H. & Mirhadi, A.J. (2010, June). Current status of radiation therapy for bladder cancer. Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy.