About Edward Kirk Barnes
Board Certified in Medical Oncology
Get to Know Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes
Medical oncologist Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes handles chemotherapy treatment for malignant mesothelioma patients at the TriStar Skyline Medical Center and the TriStar Centennial Medical Center.
Barnes specializes in hematology with Tennessee Oncology, a community based group of specialists with convenient locations throughout the area.
He also is affiliated with the Sarah Cannon Research Institute, which allows him to utilize the latest treatment advances for his patients.
With more than 20 years of experience, Barnes treats a wide range of adult malignancies, including lung cancer, malignant mesothelioma, blood cancers and leukemia.
Barnes works closely with Dr. Michel Kuzur and Dr. David Spigel at Tennessee Oncology. They coordinate their efforts to provide the best possible treatment for each patient.
Specialties of Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes
- Internal medicine
- Bone marrow biopsies
- Blood transfusions
Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes’ Experience and Medical Education
- Tennessee Oncology
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (Fellowship)
- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital (Internship and residency)
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine (Medical degree)
Awards and Other Recognitions
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
- Patient Safety Award
- Nashville Academy of Medicine
Publications of Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes
- Bendell, J. et al. (2017, April 20). A Phase-2 Trial of Single Agent Axitinib as Maintenance Therapy Following First-Line Treatment With Modified FOLFOX/Bevacizumab in Patients With Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Epub.
- Spigel, D. et al. (2012). Phase II Study of Bevacizumab and Chemoradiation in the Preoperative or Adjuvant Treatment of Patients With Stage II/III Rectal Cancer. Clinical Colorectal Cancer.
Disclaimer: Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes has no professional affiliation with Asbestos.com.
1 Cited Article Sources
The sources on all content featured in The Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com include medical and scientific studies, peer-reviewed studies and other research documents from reputable organizations.
- Tennessee Oncology. (n.d.). E. Kirk Barnes, M.D. Retrieved from: https://tnoncology.com/physicians/e-kirk-barnes-m-d/
How did this article help you?
What about this article isn’t helpful for you?
Did this article help you?
Share this article
Last Modified July 28, 2020