Dr. Edward Kirk BarnesMedical Oncologist
Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes is a respected medical oncologist who treats a variety of adult cancers, including malignant mesothelioma, for the Tennessee Oncology group in Nashville.
Get to Know Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes
Medical oncologist Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes handles chemotherapy treatment for malignant mesothelioma patients at the TriStar Skyline Medical Center and the TriStar Centennial Medical Center.
Barnes specializes in hematology with Tennessee Oncology, a community based group of specialists with convenient locations throughout the area.
He also is affiliated with the Sarah Cannon Research Institute, which allows him to utilize the latest treatment advances for his patients.
With more than 20 years of experience, Barnes treats a wide range of adult malignancies, including lung cancer, malignant mesothelioma, blood cancers and leukemia.
Barnes works closely with Dr. Michel Kuzur and Dr. David Spigel at Tennessee Oncology. They coordinate their efforts to provide the best possible treatment for each patient.
Specialties of Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes
- Internal medicine
- Bone marrow biopsies
- Blood transfusions
Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes’ Experience and Medical Education
- Tennessee Oncology
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine (M.D.)
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (Fellowship)
- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital (Internship and residency)
Awards and Other Recognitions
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
- Patient Safety Award
- Nashville Academy of Medicine
Publications of Dr. Edward Kirk Barnes
- Bendell, J. et al. (2017, April 20). A Phase-2 Trial of Single Agent Axitinib as Maintenance Therapy Following First-Line Treatment With Modified FOLFOX/Bevacizumab in Patients With Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Epub.
- Spigel, D. et al. (2012). Phase II Study of Bevacizumab and Chemoradiation in the Preoperative or Adjuvant Treatment of Patients With Stage II/III Rectal Cancer. Clinical Colorectal Cancer.