Dr. John A. ChabotSurgical Oncologist
Dr. John A. Chabot is a well-respected surgical oncologist treating peritoneal mesothelioma at the Columbia University Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center in New York City.
Get to Know Dr. John A. Chabot
Surgical oncologist Dr. John A. Chabot has spent more than three decades at Columbia University working toward the prevention, treatment and cure of several abdominal cancers, including peritoneal mesothelioma.
Chabot was instrumental in bringing the cytoreductive surgery and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy combination to the Herbert Irving Cancer Center to advance the treatment of peritoneal diseases.
He works closely with top mesothelioma doctors Dr. Robert Taub, director of the Mesothelioma Center, and Dr. Michael Kluger, another peritoneal mesothelioma specialist.
Chabot serves as executive director of the Columbia Pancreas Center and division chief of GI/endocrine surgery at nearby New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
In treating patients with mesothelioma, he leads a multidisciplinary team of oncologists, radiologists and pathologists in utilizing the most up-to-date therapies available. He takes pride in fully educating patients and responding to challenges associated with advancing technology.
Specialties of Dr. John A. Chabot
- Pancreatic cancer
- Peritoneal mesothelioma
- Liver resection surgery
- Liver cancer
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Thyroid cancer
Dr. John A. Chabot’s Experience and Medical Education
- Columbia University Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
- New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
- Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center (Residency)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Fellowship)
Awards and Other Recognitions
- New York Magazine Top Doctors
- Practitioner of the Year, Society of Practitioners of CUMC
- Surgery for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring Award, General Surgery Residents, NYP/Columbia
- Thomas C. King Resident Teaching Award
- Habif Scholar
Publications of Dr. John Chabot
- DiNorcia, J. et al. (2010. October 14). One Hundred Thirty Resections for Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor: Evaluating the Impact of Minimally Invasive and Parenchyma-Sparing Techniques. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery.
- Chabot, J. et al. (2010, April 20). Pancreatic Proteolytic Enzyme Therapy Compared With Gemcitabine-Based Chemotherapy for the Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- Li, J. et al. (2010, April 11). Updates of Adjuvant Therapy in Pancreatic Cancer: Where Are We and Where Are We Going? Journal of the Pancreas.