Get to Know Dr. Munther I. Ajlouni
Radiation oncologist Dr. Munther Ajlouni is part of a multidisciplinary team at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute that specializes in lung cancer and pleural mesothelioma, providing patients with the latest advancements in treatment.
He is joined by thoracic surgeons, medical oncologists, pulmonologists and nurses who discuss each case to provide the most effective, comprehensive and personalized care.
Ajlouni, who is division head of clinical services in the Department of Radiation Oncology, also treats patients with esophageal cancer, gastrointestinal tumors, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer and digestive cancer.
He served previously as an assistant professor in the Department of Radiation Therapy at Medical College of Ohio in Toledo.
The experienced team of specialists at Henry Ford Cancer Institute includes radiation biologists, radiation physicists, radiation therapists and radiation physicians who work together in delivering very precise, targeted therapies.
They were the first in the world to use MRI-guided radiation therapy and remain leaders in the field of oncology. More than 650 patients are treated annually at the institute for lung, mesothelioma and other thoracic cancers.
Specialties of Dr. Munther Ajlouni
- Lung cancer
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Esophageal cancer
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Precision radiotherapy
Dr. Munther I. Ajlouni’s Experience and Medical Education
- Henry Ford Cancer Institute
- Medical College of Ohio
- Wayne State University School of Medicine (M.D.)
- Ascension Providence Hospital (Residency)
- Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak (Internship)
Awards and Certifications
- American Board of Radiology (Member)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (Member)
- Michigan Society of Therapeutic Radiology (Member)
- American Medical Association (Member)
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
Publications of Dr. Munther I. Ajlouni
- Santoso, A.P. et al. (2016, July 29). Evaluation of gantry speed on image quality and imaging dose for 4D cone-beam CT acquisition. Radiation Oncology.
- Liu, D. et al. (2009, May). Analysis of outcomes in radiation oncology: An integrated computational platform. Medical Physics.
- Ajlouni, M. (2001, January). The role of radiation therapy in the adjuvant treatment of rectal cancer. Gastroenterology.
- Ajlouni, M.I. & Laing, S. (1995, April). Is Endobronchial Irradiation Overutilized in the Treatment of Patients with Lung Cancer? Journal of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology.
Thank you for your feedback. Would you like to speak with a Patient Advocate?