Get to Know Dr. Ryan F. Holbrook
Dr. Ryan Holbrook worked for almost two decades at Cancer Care Northwest in Spokane, Washington, where he served two years as practice president from 2015 to 2017.
He has been credited with being the first surgeon in the Pacific Northwest to utilize the hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy procedure, known as HIPEC, which is used after surgery to kill remaining cancer cells to help patients survive their battles with abdominal cancers such as mesothelioma. Holbrook used HIPEC for almost 20 years, spanning more than 350 patients.
A leader in his field for many years, Holbrook has received the Best Doctors in America Award annually since 2003.
He is a fellow in the American College of Surgeons and a fellowship-trained member of the Society of Surgical Oncology.
Holbrook graduated from the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, completed an internship in general surgery at the New England Medical Center in Boston and his residency at the Maine Medical Center in Portland.
He also completed fellowships at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in Buffalo, New York, Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle and at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Specialties of Dr. Ryan F. Holbrook
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- Peritoneal mesothelioma
Dr. Ryan F. Holbrook’s Experience and Medical Education
- Cancer Care Northwest
- Northwestern University Medical School (M.D.)
- New England Medical Center (Internship)
- Maine Medical Center (Residency)
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Virginia Mason Medical Center (Fellowships)
Awards and Certifications
- Best Doctors in America (2003-2017)
- Washington Medical License active through 2023