Sean Marchese, MS, RNOncology Medical Writer and Registered Nurse
Sean Marchese is a registered nurse with experience developing and managing respiratory oncology clinical trials and treatments. As a medical writer at The Mesothelioma Center, the nation’s most trusted mesothelioma resource, he helps patients learn about new treatments in the fight against mesothelioma.
Last modified: March 2, 2023
- Master’s in Medical Sciences
- Bachelor’s in Microbiology and Cell Science
- Licensed and Registered Nurse
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification
- Certificates in Health Literacy Awarded by the CDC
- Clinical Research
Sean Marchese is a registered nurse and medical writer at The Mesothelioma Center with experience developing and managing respiratory and thoracic oncology clinical trials and treatments. Sean graduated with a Master of Science in medical sciences at the University of South Florida in 2012. He received a Bachelor of Science in microbiology and cell science from the University of Florida in 2010.
He has worked as a registered nurse in pain management and neurosurgery with more than 10 years of clinical experience. As a clinical research coordinator, he has led experimental clinical trials in oncology involving TTFields, immunotherapy, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
At Asbestos.com, Sean is helping to raise awareness of breakthrough research and treatments for patients with mesothelioma through investigative medical writing. As of 2022, Sean has hosted over half a dozen informational webinars with other experts and specialists for mesothelioma patients.
Coordinated Studies with Phase I, II, III and IV Drug and Device Trials
- De-intensified radiation therapy for early-stage, p16-positive oropharyngeal cancer
- Limited stage small cell lung cancer study of chemoradiation +/- atezolizumab
- Durvalumab following stereotactic body radiation therapy for non-small cell lung cancer
- Tumor Treating Fields for treatment of stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer
- MEDI0457 and Durvalumab in recurrent/metastatic HPV-associated head and neck cancer
- AG013 for the attenuation of oral mucositis in subjects with cancer receiving CRT
- MEDI4736 +/- Tremelimumab vs standard of care therapy in recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma
- Evaluation of biomarkers to quantify liver pathology in patients with presumed non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
- Intravenous bimagrumab in overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetes
- HM51211 in obese subjects with NAFLD and in subjects with NASH